Thursday, January 27, 2011

Details from My Big Day

I would like to give you a little glimpse into the most perfect day of my life. October 10th, 2010. My wedding day. At this point, you may not know me very well, so I want to share with you some of the things I have done so far as Just Be. And I thought my wedding was the best place to start. Enjoy!

Although black & white may seem like simple colors, introducing patterns can really transform simple into stunning. 
All white flowers were chosen to keep the event elegant. 
My amazing friend Betina helped me so much when deciding on the decor.

My husband & I wanted to do a unity/love symbol as part of our ceremony, 
but struggled to find something different & unique. 
Previous to the ceremony we both wrote each other love letters. 
After our vows, we placed the letters in this box, with a bottle of wine. 
We then nailed it shut to be opened again on our one year anniversary.

My amazing bridal party. They were so helpful during the planning process, 
I am so thankful for them. The boys wore gray tuxedos 
which went perfectly with the girls gray chiffon dresses.

We had a huge cocktail party, instead of a seated dinner. This option allowed me to play with table arrangements. I decided on 3 different size tables, 
with 3 different black & white linens. 

An amazing tablescape done by Betinas at Parkview. 
I truly love long banquet tables at weddings, instead of your usual round.

Always bring props for your wedding pictures. It adds another element to your photos that makes them stand apart from the rest.

We had high top tables for guests to sit at as well as low tables. 

One of my bridesmaids bouquets, 
all white flowers, gray ostrich feathers & rhinestone accents. 

Our ceremony & reception took place at the beautifully understated and often forgotten Noyes Museum. We decorated the outside of the museum with hanging chandeliers & lanterns so guests could enjoy the beautiful October night.

My fiance & I collect KidRobot pieces so when it came time to decide on our caketopper, we knew exactly what we wanted to do. We painted these a few weeks before the wedding, adding accessories to personalize them. 

Deciding on our invitations may have been the most difficult part. I knew I wasn't going to be happy with an ordinary invitation I found online, it needed to be personalized and turned out to be custom made, by Just Be. 

The large white balloons ended up being a fun touch to a lot of our pictures!

My AMAZING bouquet done by my mom, who designs for Betina's at Parkview. 
We added my grandmothers antique rhinestone brooches & white ostrich feathers to the bouquet, 
then wrapped the stems with lace and a bracelet. 
Luckily this lived for days after the wedding so I could look at it every day.

 We gave our guests homemade herb infused olives oils as their favor.

Check out the ceiling and stairs. 
A lot of work, but the end result was breathtaking.


This may have been 10+ months of planning 
but the end result was everything I always wanted. 
It is all in the details....

Flowers & Set-up: Betina's at Parkview
Photography: Ica Images
Venue: The Noyes Museum of Art
Invitations: Just Be.
Event Coordination: Just Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment