Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Styled Shoot: Sail Away With Me

Hope everyone had a fun & safe Labor Day Weekend! Today is a pretty surreal day for me and the Just Be Studio... As I read all of my friends & family's statuses about sending their kids back to school or preparing their classrooms, it finally hits me that I won't be returning to my classroom for the first time in 3 years. I made a huge decision this past spring and today is the first day it feels real. So I slept in until 10am (only because my 9:30 appointment had to reschedule) and sat at my desk for the afternoon working, designing & making pretty things! Congrats to all my teacher friends an anyone sending their love ones off for the 13-14 school year! Hope this school year is amazing for everyone! 

This styled shoot has been quite a process. After being rained out 2 different days, we were finally able to pull it off! And with the ridiculous sunset we got to shoot during, I am glad we waited so long! The weather was perfect, we had gorgeous, fun models and don't even get me started about the vendors who offered their items & services to be showcased! Ok, ok, ok... on to the images by the incredible Stephanie from Saltwater Studios!


Any opportunity to team up with Betina's at Parkview I will take! She has such an eye for new creative arrangements and we just always work so well together! All I usually tell her are the colors and maybe 2 adjectives of what I am thinking and what she supplies is always DEAD ON!

TIP: Find a good florist who you can give them just a few details & trust them to come up with something STUNNING, not just duplicate a photo you provide!

 
 Seriously, how gorgeous was our model for this shoot? Not to mention the amazing sunset behind her! Saltwater Studios truly outdid themselves with these images!

TIP: Trust your photographer during a shoot! You will be pleasantly surprised with how awesome they are without giving them 20+ "picture ideas" from Pinterest. Remember, you hired them because you fell in love with their work.

 


If you aren't shopping on Etsy for your wedding, you aren't taking full advantage of the amazing items out there! Look for everything from paper items to flowergirl dresses to wedding party accessories.

TIP: Its all in the details so don't wait until the last minute! Don't think you'll be the only one to notice your one of a kind earrings or how unique your programs are, people notice and truly appreciate the little stuff.





How beautiful are the details on this simple, elegant gown? Wedding Belles Boutique seriously has so many gorgeous gowns. Every time I go in to see Tina I always have to browse to see what new hot styles they have in!

TIP: Don't go dress shopping with only one type of gown in mind. Let the boutique put you in all different types of dresses. You never know what you may fall in love with once you have it on!


 

 

Again, the details of this shoot were beyond! So fun & playful but definitely kept with the style of the shoot! And no, you may not need to carry a purse the day of your wedding, 
but its adorable for pictures!

TIP:  Have some fun with accessories! Change up your necklace or hairpiece for the reception!




I will never complain about my job because I thoroughly enjoy every single day! I never get bored because every event is so different from the next and when I do find myself getting tired of something, I just come up with some new designs to show my brides!

TIP: You should be able to walk away from every vendor meeting you have thinking 
"Gosh, they love what they do" 



A HUGE Thank You to the following vendors 
for their help to make this shoot my favorite yet!

xoxo
be. 

Photography Saltwater Studios

Hair Deana La Greca

Grooms octopus tie Jesitaj on Etsy

Cake Topper Wyale Designs  


Event Styling Just Be. Studio


Paper Details Just Be. Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment