Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day at Just Be.

When I was little, my dad would always spoil my mom & I on Valentine's day. He would give my mom a beautiful arrangement of roses, a gift and a cute card. And I would always get a single pink rose, a gift like hers but miniature and a sweet daddy/daughter card. My moms card was always funny or silly, not super romantic. I remember year after year watching my mom open it and either laugh or roll her eyes at my fathers humor. I loved this moment every year because it reminded me how lucky I was to have two loving parents. Their relationship, far from perfect, was always something I idealized when I was young. And it was always on Valentine's Day every year that I told myself one day I would find a husband who would treat me the way my dad treats my mom.

Well, I lucked out and found myself a hopeless romantic man and I married him! And every year on Valentine's Day he spoils me with fun homemade gifts, secret adventures and adorable personalized cards. So every year, I decorate the house and enjoy the 14 days leading up to the "hallmark holiday" ad many of you may call it! And this year, I ever got a few extra special Valentine greetings...

Here is a little glimpse into our 2014 Valentine's Day!

If you follow my instagram, you know that my fireplace mantel is my favorite part 
of the house to decorate! I change it every month, and this February was no different!

This is wat my Valentines did V-day morning
 INSTEAD of making me breakfast in bed... gotta love em!

 Gifts for Mr. Viola,  the hunting & port enthusiast

And a homemade gift from him.

All in all, it was a lovely Valentine's Day! We went to the movies to see A Winter's Tale (mixed reviews on this one) and out to one of our favorite BYOB restaurants! Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day, Hallmark Holiday or just your average Friday!

xoxo
be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment