Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Soapbox: Saltwater Studios

 
Although I wouldn't change my profession for anything, the wedding vendor realm can be pretty crazy. I literally meet and connect with new vendors daily, but when it comes to recommending services to one of my brides, I take that very seriously. 90% of this business is based on referrals, which is why caring about what you do and putting everything into it is so important. Over a year ago I contacted Stephanie from Saltwater Studio. She had shot one of my brides photos and they were gorgeous! I had never heard of her (they were based out of Philadelphia at the time) and I wanted to tell her how beautiful her work was and try to steal a beautiful image she took of my work. Well that email led to such an awesome vendor & personal friendship. I call her my co-worker because when you own a company but work by yourself most days, sometimes you just need someone to bounce ideas off of and tell you that you aren't crazy!
 
Well recently (for the second time since we met) Stephanie offered to photograph some of my recent work, and of course I jumped at the opportunity to get some fabulous images! My studio was just completed so we set up a little lunch followed by a photo shoot for some lovely paper items.
 
A full pocket invitation for a classic, Cape May wedding, with a touch of Victorian charm.
 
 
A sewn vintage, romantic invitation for a wedding at The Smithville Inn.
 
 
A modern, nautical single pocket invitation for a fun couple who were married at The Golden Nugget
 
 
A simple, traditional full pocket invitation for a wedding brunch at Rams Head Inn.
 
 
An old Hollywood glamour inspired sewn invitation for a wedding at The Carriage House
 
 
A modern, elegant full invitation inspired by the Philadelphia cityscape.
 
 
A full pocket wedding invitation inspired by the charm of Smithville Inn and winter colors.
 
 
A huge thank you to one of my favorite photographers, an amazing friend
and my full time "coworker"! Make sure you check out her amazing work!
Her fiancé does the cinematography too!


No comments:

Post a Comment